Do you want to convert your computer or laptop camera into a network camera? Webcams are an integral part of modern communication today. Some everyday uses include surveillance monitoring, live streaming, online classes, and business meetings. When it comes to monitoring footages, network-connected IP cams take up that role. Among the top android webcam apps that help perform that task is the IP Webcam app. Though it is an android app, you can install it on your PC with ease.
Continue reading this article to learn how to download and run IP Webcam on your computer.
The IP Webcam is a famous android tool developed by Pavel Khlebovich. The purpose of this app is to convert your device camera into a network camera with several observation options. With it, you can also choose to connect your phone with top-quality cameras. By connecting it with a phone as a camera, you can view the feeds through another phone or laptop. It makes use of the VLC media player or an updated web browser as the output platform.
Attributes of the IP Webcam app
- You can download and use the app for free.
- You can record the videos in several formats like MKV, MOV, MPEG4, and WebM.
- The recorded videos are accessible at any time.
- You can also stream audios in various formats such as wav, AAC, etc.
- In case your smartphone has sensors, you can make use of those sensors through this app. Motion sensing, night vision, sound detection are some sensors this app supports.
- The users can also carry out video chatting through this app.
How to download and install IP Webcam on your PC
The IP Webcam Windows or Mac version is not available. It is an application built for androids. Hence, you will have to use an android emulator to install the app on your PC. Among the several emulators that are present, Bluestacks and Nox App players are the most suitable. Hence, you can choose anyone between the two.
Below are the steps you can follow to install the app:
- Firstly, visit the official website of Bluestacks and download the setup file for the Bluestacks Android emulator to your computer.
- On completion of the download, install the Bluestacks app on your Windows or Mac computer. Allow the software to change your computer settings as required.
- After installation, launch the emulator by clicking on the Bluestacks shortcut on your desktop.
- On the home screen, search for the search box and type in the keywords “IP Webcam.” Then click on the search button.
- It will show you the IP Webcam app. Click on it to view more details, and there you can find the installation button. Click to download and install the IP Webcam app to your PC.
- After the installation completes, look for the app icon on the home page.
- Click on that icon to start using the IP Webcam app on your Windows or Mac.
How to use the IP Webcam for PC
Once you have installed the app on your PC, do open it and connect it with a phone camera. For this to work, both the devices need to communicate through the same WiFi. And in this case, you can even watch live feeds from the output screen without internet access. However, if that is not possible, you can obtain a custom link through the app. You can use the Filoader plugin to upload your recorded videos on Dropbox, FTP, Email, and SFTP. You can also gain instant global access through the Ivideon cloud broadcasting tool in the app.
There are many alternate options to the IP Webcam app, like the Hik Connect, Nest, V380, and Alfred. They have their perks and perform equally well. You can follow the same installation procedure for Macbook and Windows 10, 8, and 7 computers.